Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Reflections of a Training Session

So...what I'm excited about..

Never heard much about the ITA program until recently. I did not realize that it's a four-year program for high schoolers with the promise of a full ride once they've completed their requirements. It will be fantastic to be a part of such an ambitious and rewarding process, but from the little experience I have teaching...I know it'll be fantastic and exhausting at the same time.

My concerns are primarily in designing an adequate enough lesson plan so that the students will remain engaged during the entire class period. If anything, I'll refer to a lot of the previous literature the ITA possesses on the topic, hopefully being able to add some of my own insight where needed.

Another plus, training on software which will be important to the ITA will be paid. Graduate students need to eat too.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ryan,

    Usually it's the instructor that can make things engaging, by bringing their "teacher-selves" into the room to "perform" for/with the students.

    And, yeah, it's a pretty sweet job, and you can eat too.

    ReplyDelete