Saturday, June 27, 2009

Reflection - Training Session

One thing I notice is that the new hires, myself included, seem to be different in relation to the current ITA staff. For the most part, the workers for ITA are undergraduates, whereas we are most definitely not. I don't say this as a detriment, but I do think it'll be interesting given our backgrounds (drama performance/history, french lit, media studies/ed tech) how we fit into the current ITA dynamic. I must also insist that I don't think undergrads or grads of the ITA as instructors is a bad thing, I just am merely curious.

The training sessions are good for us to get an idea as to what the ITA is about. What I think would be good in the future is to have the training session scheduled in between the class, that way we could observe for a hour or two, then come back and to reconcile what we've seen with what we're being told.

Perhaps also, a required amount of observation hours would make the training experience that much more beneficial for us trainees. Not sure if this is the best, but it would be nice to have a guideline as to how many hours may equal an ITA trainee getting a good idea as to how a class is made up and how to conduct oneself in the session.

No comments:

Post a Comment